Fourth River Award for Creative Nonfiction 2009
Fourth River is looking for poetry and creative nonfiction that capture the places—natural, built and imagined, urban, rural or wild—where humans and nature converge and collide. First place winner in each category will be published in Fourth River and will receive a $500 cash prize upon publication. Contest judges to be announced.
- Submissions should be postmarked no later than October 15, 2009.
- Previously published works and works accepted for publication elsewhere are not eligible.
- Students, faculty and employees of Chatham University are not eligible.
- Include a title page with your name, address, phone number and the title of your submission(s).
- Your name must not appear on the actual manuscript.
- The reading fee is $5 for three poems or one essay (7,000 word maximum), and includes a copy of Issue 7.
- Please make checks payable to Chatham University.
- Multiple submissions are acceptable, but each submission must be accompanied by a reading fee.
- Manuscripts will not be returned.
- (Please note: the reading fee does not apply to regular submissions. )
- Send your submission, your reading fee and a self-addressed stamped envelope to:
- The Fourth River, Chatham University, Woodland Road, Pittsburgh PA 15232, Attention: Fourth River Award for (please insert genre here--Poetry or Nonfiction).