The 2009 Autumn House Poetry and Fiction Contests
Guidelines for the 2009 Autumn House Poetry Contest judged by Alicia Ostriker
Guidelines for the 2009 Autumn House Fiction Contest judged by Sharon Dilworth
- The winners will receive book publication, $1,000 advance against royalties, and a $1,500 travel grant to participate in the 2009 Autumn House Master Authors Series in Pittsburgh.
- The deadline is June 30, 2009.
- We ask that all submissions from authors new to Autumn House come through one of our annual contests.
- All finalists will be considered for publication.
- The final judge for the Poetry Prize is Alicia Ostriker.
- The final judge for the Fiction Prize is Sharon Dilworth.
- All full-length collections of poetry 50-80 pages in length are eligible.
- Fiction submissions should be approximately 200-300 pages. All fiction sub-genres (short stories, short-shorts, novellas, or novels) or any combination of sub-genres are eligible.
- If you wish to be informed of the results of the competition, please include a stamped, self-addressed envelope.
- Autumn House Press assumes no responsibility for lost or damaged manuscripts.
- All entries must be clearly marked “Poetry Prize” or “Fiction Prize” on the outside envelope.
- Twenty five dollar handling fee (check or money order) must be enclosed.
- MANUSCRIPTS WILL NOT BE RETURNED.
- Send manuscript and $25.00 fee to: Autumn House Press, PO Box 60100, Pittsburgh PA 15211